Thursday, November 11, 2010

"CLICK"

Had an amazing experience. I got crits back from my readers on my EMMA story, and both of them didn't like my "info dump" chapter. Now, any writer or avid reader knows when they're getting info dumped. I don't like writing info dumps. But in this story, I was kind of "married" to the info dump chapter, because it was necessary for the reader to know what was going on before the action started happening.

So, using their notes, I actually did away with the info dump, and wove the information into an opening scene. It flows SO much better! There's action, and information, and they go together with an audible "click." At least to me. I hope prospective agents feel the same way!

I am 60% through with my edits from critique notes, and by next week, I'll have query letters out. Gotta beat the NaNo manuscript onslaught in December!

I am thisclose...

No comments:

Post a Comment