Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Forest for the Trees.

I've been researching a LOT of agents lately. I have little file folders about each one, on my pc, where I've copied and pasted all their pertinent information. Their submission guidelines. What they like to rep. Interviews on blogs and websites, etc. etc. So, when I go to query an agent, I have a little file of information I can use to draw on and fashion my query after (well, personalize and "tweak" anyway).

Yesterday, I stumbled on an agent I had written down, but not researched. The more I read about her, the more a big ol' lightbulb went off in my head: She's a great fit for your story!

The problem with that is, all I can do is query her, hopefully wow her, and cross my fingers/pray she is intrigued by my story. She is one of the agents who doesn't respond unless she's interested. (Frankly, those are brutal, because you have no idea how long "long enough" is before you give up on said agent, but some a**holes ruined it for us polite folk, so she doesn't respond with a rejection.)

ANYWAY, I am very excited about this one. She is AWESOME. I queried her last night, and I've got every finger and toe crossed. In the figurative sense. Literally, that would be quite uncomfortable.

Maybe you could cross a few fingers for me, too!

1 comment:

  1. Everything I can possibly cross for you is crossed -- in the best possible way!

    ReplyDelete