Thursday, June 11, 2009

I reworked my query. I think it is infinitely better. I even got the stamp of approval from two of my writing friends I trust.

SO--what now? I am awaiting responses from four agents, but they are those "if you don't hear from me I'm not interested" variety, so I am thinking after two weeks (in one case, three) no news is bad news.

Time to move on.

I read an article sent to me by a friend that says a lot of agents are "sitting" on material because of the economy, or passing entirely on good stuff. A friend told me today she suspects they are sticking to formulas that work, and not taking risks or really looking at new ideas.

SAD. Then again, my fairy story isn't really THAT unique as far as the subject material. Just the idea. I hope.

If only I can get someone past the query! That is the key.

I'm not ready to give up, yet. It took me twenty-seven tries the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment