Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Can you say "On Fire?"

This book has seemed effortless, so far. I still don't have a plot, or even a linear synopsis (totally crazy and capricious of me) but I wrote 4300 words yesterday. I think all the words and scenes I thought about during Spring Break (and I wasn't able to write) came pouring out, literally.

I'm trying my hand at Urban Fantasy, I've abandoned my medieval-era folk tale, and I'm blasting full steam ahead on this novel. I just want to get it OUT. Before I lose the flow of it. I haven't, yet, which I find strange. Usually when I have a burst of words, I leave it for a few days, which turn into weeks, and I abandon it. Not this time. I hope to have it finished by the end of May. Then it will go to trusty readers, and then one more round of edits and off it will go! I am NOT going to let another year go by and not have new material.
We are moving into a new house in late July, and since I have a BAZILLION things to do as far as the move is concerned (I am packing myself this time!) I have given myself until noon, every day, to write. Then, after that, the writing gets put away and it's MOVE PREP time. It will be the only way I can keep sane, because I really really really want to get this story written and out there.

Let's hope the momentum stays "momenting!" ;-) Yes, I know that's not a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment