Sunday, April 3, 2011

Out of the Comfort Zone.

I'm a "safe" writer. I write stories about generally "good" people who have sometimes stressful and bad things happen to them, but they usually overcome them, grow in the process, and live happily ever after.

Generally.

I guess you could say my writing is pretty formulaic. So, since the first stage is recognizing the "issue," I have decided to try my hand at...different writing. I'm writing a YA Urban Fantasy. My heroine in this story is flawed. She's annoying. She lives in an imperfect world. She makes mistakes and goofs up.

I kind of can't stand her right now. But she is who she is, and her journey has begun. Oh, and that's another thing. I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen to her, yet. I'm totally pantsing this one right now. ANOTHER thing I never do.

Here's to writing outside the comfort zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment