Monday, October 5, 2009

Scratching the Writing Itch.

I am a writer. That's what I am. I love to write. I love to create something out of nothing, and listen to the characters come to life in my head. Love, love LOVE it.

So, why do I let my "other hats" get in the way? I've battled the "Put off Writing" demon for years. My excuse? I'm a busy mom with four kids who are in sports and other activities, and my life is dedicated to THEM, for now.

Those of you who know me, are probably rolling your eyes. "Here she goes again." But it's a battle I haven't quite won, yet. I have lovely writing friends who provide for themselves very nicely with their full-time writing. I have part-time writing/full-time mom friends who can empathize with me. I have friends who have given up on writing completely, succumbing to the demands of their responsibilites as mothers. All sorts.

I was so excited for school to start, because it meant uninterrupted writing time for me. Then suddenly my two-year old became obsessed with me, and decided he couldn't play on his own, without engaging me in some way--every few minutes. *lara pounds head on desk*

He misses his siblings. And I'm "it" as far as people. Unless we go somewhere or have a play date. So, I get it. But now I've gotten caught up in other things, and have been researching, but not writing.

I'm mad at myself. I know better. I know, I can FIND time to write, if I really want to. I need to figure out a plan. I don't like that itch that only writing can scratch.

I need to SCRATCH IT!!

1 comment:

  1. Me, too. Let's put our heads together and figure out a plan!

    ReplyDelete