Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's Too Quiet.

I haven't received anything lately. No rejections, no requests, NOTHING, but complete email and mailbox "silence," for a week, now. Crazy. It must be a busy time of year for agents or something. I'm the type of person who thinks hey, if it's going to be a rejection, just hurry up and REJECT ME, so I can move on, and not wonder, and not get my hopes up, thinking you're actually taking the time to read and discuss my query/sample chapters.

REJECT ME ALREADY, PEOPLE! I NEED TO MOVE ON!!!

I'm an impatient little brat, I know.

Although requests for additional material are indeed welcome.

Anyone?

I especially like the "if you don't hear from me within six weeks/eight weeks/six months, you can assume I am not interested in your project" submission guidelines.

THOSE are the WORST.

1 comment:

  1. Remember, with the holiday, writers submitted a ton of stuff over the holiday weekend, so agents and editors returned to find their inboxes overflowing and needing a machete to cut their way through the slush pile.

    Hang in there. They'll catch up by the July 4th weekend. ;)

    ReplyDelete