Friday, January 14, 2011

Daydreaming?

My mind, lately, has been in my story. Rather, my character's world. She lives in a medieval-type era, in a village that is covered in January snow, and lots of STUFF is happening. I know what the inside of her hut looks like. I know what her special herb garden looks like. I know how she feels and thinks, and the amazing things that await her. And the not-so-amazing things.

I can see her entire world in my head, and I write what I see. Would people call that daydreaming? All I need to do is sit in front of my computer, put on some medieval music, and I'm THERE. And I literally have to be pulled from that place kicking and screaming (usually to a "Mommy, I need to go potty" request...) because I'm so deeply into it, I am not aware of anything else around me. And when I go to sleep at night, I've got the Alphasmart by the bed, because I'm still lingering in Her world.

Daydreaming? Or overly generous Muse? I'd like to think it's the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment