Friday, January 21, 2011

Music is Essential.

Mood. Ambience. Tone. Atmosphere. I am one of those writers who writes best with music. Not BLARING, mind you, but in the background, softly playing as well...a background. Or backdrop, rather, to my writing. I'm currently writing a story set in a medieval-type society, so my "Medieval and Renaissance" music I downloaded in iTunes is perfect. Or my Celtic Harp music, which frankly, never gets old.

I love the power music has, to inspire creativity, mood, anything. I mean, how many times have I listened to Aaron Copland's "Rodeo" music and not wanted a nice juicy, well-marbled bone-in Ribeye? (For those of you who are wondering it's the "Beef: It's What's For Dinner" music.) Or when I listen to John Williams play the Rodrigo Fantasia, I'm transported to the sunny Spanish Countryside. Or Enya. When I'm writing fantasy, Enya is always my #1 choice.

Just one of the things I'm grateful for. Music is AWESOME.


2 comments:

  1. I have a TON of mood music if you ever want to shuffle your selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay you must share your medieval music!!

    ReplyDelete